· Keep it simple, stick with the lean greens. They are all about 10 calories a serving.
· Fill up at the beginning of the salad bar so you won't have enough room for the calorie packed ingredients at the end of the salad bar.
· Skip the cheese, try and only choose two ingredients out of the middle section of the salad bar.
· If you need protein go for the eggs or the cottage cheese.
· Opt for vinaigrette dressings instead of the calorie packed cream dressings. You will only add half the calories you would if you use ranch dressing.
· Put the dressing on the side. You'll eat less dressing if you use your fork to dip the veggies instead.
· Go for at least five servings of fruits and vegetables.