Rod Steurer is the chairman of this year’s parade and walks us through what to expect.
• St. George Area Parade of Homes is celebrating 20 years of making a positive impact in Washington County.
o Over 460 Parade homes have been built in Washington County.
o Over 423,000 visitors have attended with approximately half from Northern Utah.
o The economic impact is just under a half billion dollars!
o This event over the years has created thousands of jobs and continues to inspire people to be excited about the home industry in the midst of economic struggles.
o It is a great time to buy with low interest rates, available tax credits, and competitive home prices.
• First Parade of Homes in 1991- 15 homes. Special features included jetted tubs, vaulted ceilings, plant shelves, and double sink vanities.
• 20 Years Later- 25 homes. Special features include infinity edge pools, theater rooms, casitas, courtyards, water features, and granite countertops.
• Why should people attend the St. George Area Parade of Homes, February 12-21st?
o For recreation enthusiasts: Perfect excuse to escape the cold and enjoy the mild climate and breathtaking scenery of Southern Utah. Enjoy a getaway with family and friends while viewing 25 new homes on a self-guided tour.
o For current homeowners: Experience cutting edge home building technologies and design. Gain valuable insight and tips while becoming inspired to start a home improvement project. See the latest in wall texture finishes, a variety of furnishing styles, and simple decorating ideas to spruce up your home. You can get your home improvement questions answered by over 100 exhibiting professionals.
o For potential home buyers: Opportunity to make a dream come true by purchasing one of 25 masterpieces ranging from 1,600 to 12,000 square feet or choose one of Utah’s premier builders to build your dream home.
• St. George Area Parade of Homes has earned outstanding reputation as being one of the best Parade of Homes in the country because of the quality craftsmanship, unique features, and incredible landscapes. Recently, a home was featured on a national televised network. Here is a preview of the upcoming event:
o Homes styles include Tuscan, Traditional, Contemporary, French Country, Old World, Santa Fe, and Southwest.
o Green building features include a state-of-the-art solar panel system, passive solar designs, photovoltaic power, and solar water heating. First home in Southern Utah to be Green Build Certified by the National Association of Home Builders.
o Indoor racquetball/basketball court for family fun.
o A 2,100 square feet master suite.
o Large size home theaters including one of the largest screens in Utah.
o Outdoor living features including waterfalls, waterslides, and even a splash pad for children.
o Spectacular panoramic views of brilliant red cliffs and black lava. One home even has a roof top observation deck.
• Giveaways: Win a one week stay at the Thompson Mansion or a flat screen television by attending the Parade of Homes.
Parade of Homes is February 12 – 21, 2010. Homes are open 10 to 7 pm daily. Closes at 5 pm on the 21st. Visit www.ParadeHomes.com to preview the Parade homes or for complete details. Tickets are $12.50 per person and go on sale beginning February 11th at 5 pm at the Red Cliffs Mall and Lin’s Markets.