We asked Studio 5 gardening expert, Darin Engh to help us. He has made “To-Do” lists for every month. In each one of these lists, he will tell you exactly what you need to do to have a beautiful garden year round.
• Apply a Crabgrass Preventer & Lawn Food to your lawn.
• Clean up landscape beds.
• Cut back ornamental grasses and perennials.
• Apply Weed & Grass Stopper to prevent weeds in the landscape beds.
• Fertilize all of your trees, shrubs, and perennials.
• Fertilize spring flowering bulbs with Bone meal for healthy, larger, taller flowers.
• Apply a thin layer of mulch in landscape beds.
• Apply Dormant Oil as directed to all trees and shrubs to kill most insect eggs and scale insects waiting to hatch and come alive.
• Plant Flowering trees and shrubs.
• Plant frost-tolerant annuals such as pansies, ranunculus, and primrose for early spring color.
• If you need help with landscape design, do it now as many garden centers are overwhelmed when the weather gets nice. Make a plan and set your own goals for what you want to accomplish in your garden. Early planning will avoid delays when you want to be in your yard and garden.
• Visit garden centers and nurseries to get an idea of what’s new and available for the current season.
For more information, visit Engh Gardens.
8214 South 700 East
Sandy, Utah 84070
They are having a Spring Garden Show at the store in Sandy this weekend
April 3rd, 4th, and 5th.