Baked French Toast
1/2 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch thick slices
1 1/2 cups cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup butter
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Generously spray a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Line the baking pan with French bread slices, smooshing them together to tightly fill the pan.
3. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, cream, 2 teaspoons of vanilla, and cinnamon.
4. Pour egg mixture over the bread, pressing the bread down slightly to soak up the egg mixture.
5. Cover pan with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
7. In a small bowl, combine butter, pecans, corn syrup and vanilla. Mix until well blended and crumbly.
8. Sprinkle butter mixture over bread and bake for 40 minutes. Serve with whipped cream and berries.
Prep time: 20 minutes, plus overnight refrigeration