10 slices of bacon
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 large cans (approximately 32 oz. each) pork and beans
2 tablespoons dark molasses
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1. Fry bacon in skillet. Drain and crumble. Set aside.
2. Add onion and pepper to same skillet and cook approximately 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside.
3. Place pork and beans in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
4. Add molasses, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, oregano, and salt and pepper to beans. Stir well.
5. Mix crumbled bacon, onion, and pepper to bean mixture.
6. Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 45 min. to 1 hour.
7. Server warm. Makes 10-15 servings.