Beijing Beef Homemade Recipe
Sliced Beef (3″L x 1″W x ¼” Thick) 1 lb.
Salad Oil (for Deep Frying) 5 cup
Group A Egg 1
Salt ¼ tsp.
Water 2 tbsp.
Cornstarch 1 tbsp.
Group B Cornstarch 6 tbsp.
Group C Salad Oil 1 tbsp.
Chopped Garlic 1 tsp.
Group D Diced Red Bell Peppers 2 oz.
Diced Green Bell Pepper 2 oz.
Diced Onion 3 oz.
Group E Sauce
1. First, cut beef into slices and keep them in a mixing bowl.
2. Marinate meat with Group “A” until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
3. Dip marinated beef slices in Group “B”. Make sure the sliced are covered with cornstarch. Remove excess cornstarch.
4. Heat up a wok with oil (making sure it reaches to about 350F) and fry the marinated sliced beef until it is crispy. Remove and drain oil.
5. Reheat the wok and add Group “C”. Stir fry for 5 seconds, then add Group “D”. Stir and fold for about 30 seconds.
6. Add sauce into the wok. When sauce boils, put fried sliced beef into wok. Stir and fold until beef is covered in sauce.
7. Place finished Beijing Beef into dish.
Water 4 tbsp.
Sugar 4 tbsp.
Ketchup 3 tbsp.
Vinegar 2 tbsp.
Crushed Chili Pepper ¼ tsp.
Cornstarch 2 tsp.
1. Mix sauce ingredients together.
2. Keep sauce refrigerated until use.