Cherry Chocolate Bars
1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, divided
1 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup flour, divided
14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Generously grease a 9×13 pan
3. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat; stir in cocoa until smooth. Remove from heat.
4. Add sugar, 3 eggs, and 1 1/2 cups flour; mix well.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1 egg, 1/3 C flour, sweetened condensed milk and almond extract.
7. Pour over baked layer; sprinkle with chocolate chips and cherries. Return to oven. Bake additional 20 to 25 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown.
8. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
9. Refrigerate until cold, 6 hours or overnight. Cut into bars. Cover; refrigerate leftover bars. Makes about 48 bars.