Create the perfect chocolate dessert this Valentine’s Day.
Maria Call shares a recipe sure to make the day of love extra special.
1 Jar (12.25 oz) caramel topping
1 Box of Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ triple chocolate fudge cake mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with butter. Pour 1/4 cup of the caramel or Dulce de Leche topping in bottom of pan.
2. Beat cake mix, water, oil and 3 eggs with electric mixer on medium speed about 2 minutes and pour batter over caramel topping in pan.
3. In blender, place flan ingredients and blend on high speed until smooth, about 40 seconds. Slowly pour mixture over batter. (Flan mixture will mix with batter, but they will separate during baking, forming 1 layer of cake and 1 layer of flan.)
4. Cover cake pan with foil. Place in large roasting pan; add 1 inch of hot water to roasting pan.
5. Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Remove cake pan from water bath to cooling rack; remove foil. Cool completely, at least 1 hour.
6. Place serving plate upside down on cake pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Serve with remaining topping or whipped cream.
Find Maria on Instagram. Her handle is urugirl.