1 package (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
1. Melt the chocolate chips and the butter or margarine in the microwave or in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth.
2. Stir the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla into the chocolate mixture.
3. Add the flour and chopped nuts to the chocolate mixture. Mix well.
4. Mold approximately 1 tablespoon of chocolate dough around each chocolate kiss (cover the kiss completely) making a ball.
5. Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. (Do not overbake the cookies or they will become hard. Cookies do not spread out but retain their shape and resemble bonbons.)
6. Let cookies cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.