Ray Child, from Comcast explains how it means Comcast customers are getting something more for free.
The World of More is an initiative that migrates analog channels to digital channels, making room for more digital television channels. With the World of More, customers will be able to experience digital quality video and sound on all channels, expanded programming, and get more than 100 HD channels – and much more HD and digital video programming on Comcast On Demand. The best part? Comcast customers with Standard or Digital Starter cable can benefit from the World of More for no change in their bill.
Today, nearly eighty percent of Comcast customers subscribe to one or more advanced digital products.
To bring the World of More to customers, Comcast is upgrading its Standard Cable lineup to digital-quality signals on all TVs connected to Comcast. This will not only improve picture quality, but also:
• Allow Comcast to offer more than 3,000 HD choices
• Provide customers with access to over 17,000 On Demand titles
• Deliver faster Internet access speeds
• Enhance phone services.
Comcast customers who subscribe to standard cable or digital cable and have a TV connected to Comcast service without a Digital Set Top Box will need to install a digital box to take advantage of The World of More. This transition will take place in Utah between now and fall of 2010. Customers with Standard or Digital starter cable service can receive a digital set-top box and two digital adapters (to accommodate three TVs), at no additional cost. Any additional digital adapters are just $1.99 per month.
Installing a digital box is easy. Customers can order the boxes by calling 1-800-COMCAST, online at digitalnow.comcast.com or pick them up at any Comcast customer service center. If customers order the boxes by phone or online, shipping is free. These boxes come in a Self Install Kit (SIK) with easy-to-understand instructions, and everything a customer needs to install the box themselves at their own convenience.
In addition to offering customers the World of More, Comcast also offers outstanding customer service with the Comcast Customer Guarantee:
• A 30 day money-back guarantee on all services
• Customers can call Comcast customer service representatives 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Comcast offers the best and most video choices, easy-to understand packages, and a clear bill.
• The company will address any problems that customers experience and if after a first visit, if the issue is not satisfactorily resolved, Comcast will extend a complimentary service.
• Comcast will schedule appointments at customers’ convenience. If Comcast fails to arrive on time for a scheduled visit, the customer will receive a $20 credit to their account.
For more information customers can call 1-800-Comcast, or go to www.comcast.com.