With school out and the temperatures heating up, Comcast recently launched Xfinity TV’s “Summer of Kids” to spotlight our incredible library of family-friendly On Demand content, along with more than 1,000 downloadable kids TV shows and films across platforms, plus new tools and features for safer and smarter viewing wherever summer takes them.
Ray Child, from Comcast, explains the new options.
With content from every major kids network and brand, Xfinity On Demand brings families the most options of what, when and where to watch. Whether on the road, on a plane, or simply at home, Xfinity TV’s Summer of Kids will highlight this programming and give families more ways to enjoy time together during the season.
· Unparalleled content offering: Xfinity TV customers will have access to all the best kids TV shows for all ages including Dora the Explorer, Angry Birds Toons, Sofia the First, Phineas and Ferb, Ben 10, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, The Chica Show, Sid the Science Kid, Lazy Town, Pajanimals, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and hundreds more.
· Huge selection of downloadable content: Xfinity On Demand now offers more than 1,000 downloadable kid-friendly choices, including popular movies such as Finding Nemo, The Muppets, Brave and Freaky Friday, that are included as part of a customer’s respective Xfinity Digital TV, Streampix and premium subscriptions. Sprout and Kabillion, along with content from Warner Brothers and Cookie Jar offered via Xfinity Streampix, are now joining STARZ, ENCORE, MOVIEPLEX, and Showtime as networks offering kids content that can be downloaded directly to tablets and smartphones and enjoyed in places where there’s no Internet connection.
· Families help select programming with Family Movie Night: Families wanting a relaxing evening at home during the busy summer can go to Xfinity TV’s Facebook page to vote for a movie they’d like to see discounted during “Family Movie Night” weekends in July, including timeless hits such as Babe, Monsters Inc. and How to Train Your Dragon.
Summer of Kids marks the launch of new, permanent platform features specifically designed to help families make smarter decisions about what is age-appropriate for their children to watch.
· Ratings: In partnership with Common Sense Media, Xfinity TV is integrating TV show and film ratings into Xfinity.com/TV kids content.
· Easier Discovery Across Platforms:Comcast is also working with Common Sense Media to let customers filter content by age group and most-watched on Xfinity On Demand. Additionally, the Xfinity TV Player App on Apple devices now features a dedicated family and kids content section, making it easier than ever for parents to find what they are looking for while on-the-go.
· New Resources for Parents: Comcast recently launched a parental controls microsite to help parents manage what their kids are watching on TV, online and on mobile devices.
Networks and programmers participating in Summer of Kids include: Angry Birds Toons, Baby Boost, BabyFirst, Buena Vista, Cartoon Network, Cbeebies, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Dreamworks, ENCORE, Golden Films, HBO, Kabillion, Lionsgate, MOVIEPLEX, NBCUniversal, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Paramount, PBS KIDS, Showtime, Sprout, STARZ, the Jungle and the HUB Network.
For details on Summer of Kids visit www.xfinity.com/summerofkids. For information on Xfinity TV and Xfinity On Demand visit www.xfinity.com/TV. Join the conversation on www.facebook.com/Xfinity and www.twitter.com/Xfinity_TV with hashtag #Summerofkids.