Karla Stronk from Pebbles in My Pocket shows us how an Easter basket can be both festive and fun . . . and it doesn’t have to be a basket at all.
It’s easy to create a unique, personal Easter basket and the whole family can get involved in the fun.
“Bunny Easter Can” This is a darling alternative to the traditional Easter basket using a paint can covered with paper, stickers and ribbon to make something personalized and unique for the Easter Bunny to fill.
1. Stitch a rectangle onto striped paper for a name plate.
2. Cover the can 2/3 up from the bottom with the stripe paper and then use the flower paper to meet it.
3. Add a 1″ strip of green polka dot paper and white scalloped ribbon along the top of the strip.
4. Add a Pebbles Inc. bunny sticker and your name
• Pebbles Inc – Easter Time Paper Stripe / Blue, Easter Time Paper Sprinkles/Green, Easter Time Paper Flowers/Pink Dot, Easter Time Die Cuts
• American Crafts – White Scalloped Velvet Ribbon
• Doodlebug– Loopy Lou White Alphabet stickers
• Foam Squares
• Paint Can
“Chicky Box” Take a “peep” at this great project using a large gable box and a simple chick pattern.
1. Cut the stripe papers to fit the square of the front & back of the box and cut the polka dot papers to fit the sides of the box.
2. Then take the blue paper and cut 1 5/8″ stripe and sew or glue onto the top of each of the four side papers.
3. Trace the chick pattern (available at Pebbles in my Pocket) onto cardstock using sun yellow for the chick body, white for the egg, gold for the feet and orange for the beak.
4. Chalk the edges with orange chalk.
5. Tie a die cut circle tag with orange gingham ribbon to the handle.
• Pebbles Inc– Partytime Boy Paper Circle / Blue, PartyTime Goy Paper Stripe / Dot, Orange Gingham ribbon, Basic Brights Chalk
• Pebbles in My Pocket – Sun Yellow, White, Gold & Orange Cardstock Paper, Die Cut Circle Tag, Chick Pattern
• EK Success– Zig Black Pen (for name on circle tag)
• White Gable Box
“Easter Egg Box” The perfect Easter treat for a friend or a great party favor.
1. Cut the box out of two sided stripe paper and the egg out of cardstock.
2. Stitch a square to the front with the blue paper and use a foam square to stick the egg on for dimension.
3. Add a daisy sticker to the front of the egg.
• Pebbles Inc – Easter Time Paper Stripe / Blue, Daisy Duplicate sticker white w/ yellow center
• Pebbles in My Pocket – Box Die Cut, Easter Egg Die Cut, Blush Cardstock
• Foam Squares
Pebbles in My Pocket is located at 6185 South Highland Drive or you can visit them online at www.pebblesinmypocket.com .