Presented by Teigan Benson, LME from Enhance Laser and Medical Spa.
To keep your eyes in good shape follow these five tips:
1. CUT BACK ON SUGAR
This will help your waistline and your skin! Sugar in your blood stream binds to proteins forming new harmful molecules called AGEs. So what does this mean for your skin? Collagen and elastin, the fibers that keep skin firm and resilient, are the most vulnerable to damage. When sugar attaches itself to collagen and elastin, it makes it brittle, resulting in wrinkles and sagging.
2. SLEEP ON YOUR BACK WITH YOUR HEAD SLIGHTLY ELEVATED
By elevating your head you are offsetting the effects of gravity and preventing the build up of fluid that can lead to puffiness and dark circles under the eyes. Training yourself to sleep on your back can also help you avoid wrinkles caused by pressure from sleeping on your side.
3. USE YOUR RING FINGER WHEN APPLYING MAKE-UP AND CREAMS
The skin around your eyes is the most delicate, and also the first to show signs of aging so be sure to nourish the skin with moisturizing eye cream, collagen building retinoids, and of course, sun protection. The ring finger is the weakest finger on your hand and exerts less pressure, which helps you avoid pulling and stretching the skin.
4. WEAR GOOD QUALITY SUNGLASSES
About 80% of the sun damage you receive is cumulative, meaning those walks to and from your mailbox, sitting by a window and running errands in your car are all adding damage (and wrinkles) to your skin. Look for larger lenses to help prevent squinting that can cause crows feet and protect the delicate eye area from harmful UV rays.
5. APPLY COLLAGEN BOOSTING AGENTS SUCH AS RETINOIDS AND ALPHA HYDROXY ACIDS
These will help rebuild collagen that has been lost. Also consider adding antioxidants topically and internally to your daily routine. Antioxidants, such as vitamins C and E, fight environmental damage that contributes to aging and can aid in the battle against molecules that break down collagen and elastin.
6. GIVE YOUR EYELASHES A BOOST WITH REVITALASH
Revitalash is a lash enhancing product and available at Enhance Laser and Medical Spa in Bountiful. It is not a temporary lash primer that is brushed on lashes prior to mascara application to make them appear thicker and longer until it is removed. Revitalash is applied like eyeliner where the lashes and lid meet (it goes on clear) and actually conditions and strengthens the lashes resulting in fuller, thicker, longer lashes … naturally.
What makes Revitalash more special is that it was originally developed by an ophthalmologist, Dr. Michael Brinkenhoff, as a gift fo rhis wife, Gayle, who had undergone intensive chemotherrapy treatments for breast cancer. Although Gayle’s lashes grew back following the treatments, they were fragile, sparse and thin. Revitalash gave her lashes a renewed vitality by restoring strength and beauty.
After being rigorously tested for over two years to insure safety, RevitaLash is now available for you.
1) While it is a perfect treatment for anyone who has undergone chemo or radiation treatments to help restore their lashes, it is an excellent option for anyone wanting healthier, fuller, thicker and longer lashes … at any age.
2) RevitaLash can safely be used along with eyelash extensions and by contact lens and even false eyelash wearers. It can also be used on the brows.
3) Measurable results have been seen in as little as 4-6 weeks in some patients, however, the recommended course of treatment to achieve optimal results is 60-90 days. The product should be applied to clean, dry lids once daily.
4) Each tube represents a 5-6 month supply based on once daily use. After you have achieved your desired results, usage can be adjusted to 2-3 times per week.
5) RevitaLash is the only lash enhancement product formulated by an ophthalmologist and contains NO parabens and the least amount of preservatives of any of the like products.
6) With RevitaLash, in addition to longer and thicker, your eyelashes may also appear darker, especially if your hair is blond and your eyelashes are hard to see.
RevitaLash is committed to giving back to the community that originally inspired the development of RevitaLash. A portion of sale proceeds will benefit breast cancer reserach and educational initiatives. Enhance Laser and Medical Spa proudly supports the Breat Cancer Care and Research Fund.
If you’d like to learn more about RevitaLash, give Enhance laser and Medical Spa a call at (801) 295-9105. They’re located at 1551 South Remaissance Towne Drive in Bountiful.