In the world of a thousand chili recipes, this one stands out as a kid pleaser, even with a kick that adults love.
Shauna Evans shares this great chili recipe.
For more recipes from Shauna visit sweetandsavoryseven.com
Fire Roasted Chili
1 Tbls. olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 (15 oz.) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 (15 oz.) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
fresh kernels from one ear of corn or 2/3 cup frozen
1 medium fresh garden tomato, chopped
1 (7 oz.) can Mexican style tomato sauce (find near other canned tomato sauce)
1 Tbls. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 bunch green onions, chopped for garnish
sour cream for garnish
1. In large stock pot, heat olive oil.
2. Add onion and garlic and saute on medium until tender, about 3 minutes
3. Add beef and brown over medium heat.
4. Add beans, tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, and seasonings. Simmer on medium low heat for 15 minutes.
5. Serve with green onions and sour cream.
Note: This recipe would be a regular stand by chili if you forgo the Fire-roasted and Mexican style tomatoes. So I urge you to include. This can be made in under 30 minutes.