Tom Wells from Shoe Carnival highlights some of the best new shoes and talks about what makes them different and better.
As we settle into the New Year some of us are starting off by committing to New Year’s Resolutions. What is the number one resolution year-after-year? You probably already know the answer: to get in shape. As you organize your plan and goals, remember it is important to have everything you need to get you there. The proper footwear is essential, and Shoe Carnival can help get you in the shoes you need and the prices you want.
Women’s & Men’s
Skechers Shape-ups are one of THE hottest shoes on the market.
Shape-ups from Skechers are designed to get you fit while you walk, work, shop and do more. Shape-ups retrain your muscles, helping you walk with a positive impact. Used properly, Shape-ups can change the way you approach your daily activities. Used regularly, Shape-ups can enhance the way you feel and look.
3 Reasons Why You NEED Shape-ups
• Stronger You: Shape-ups are designed to help you tone your muscles- from your back and abdomen to you buttocks and calves.
• Healthier You: Shape-ups will help you lose weight and improve your circulation, creating a healthier you.
• Easy Exercise Routine: It’s easy to shape up with Shape-ups. Wear your Shape-ups everywhere and anywhere you walk (or stand), and your body will feel the benefits.
How Shape-ups Work:
The Shape-ups feature a unique soft kinetic wedge insert and dynamic rolling bottom to simulate walking on a soft giving surface like sand. With the comfort of Shape-ups, you will feel your heel sink to the ground as you step, roll forward as your weight shifts to its center, and push off with your toes. This movement will result in stronger leg, buttock, back and abdominal muscles as you stabilize your steps.
Nike Reax Run 4 SL: Ladies will fly past the competition in these Nike Reax running shoes. The synthetic leather upper provides durability and support as the padded tongue, collar and footbed promise all-over comfort. You’ll run at ease as the Reax cushioning technology provides stability.
Nike Air Max Torch SL: The Nike Air Max Torch SL is a lightweight running shoe with superior cushioning power due to Air-Sole(R) unit in the heel. It has a Synthetic leather upper for lightweight and strength and Phylon midsole for cushion and smooth transition.
Saucony Grid Cohesion NX: The Grid Cohesion NX by Saucony is a great value priced running shoe, providing comfortable fit and feel. Available in both Medium and Wide widths, it supports the foot superbly, and absorbs the shock of on- and off-road surfaces.
• Air Mesh Upper provides lightweight breathability and reflective detailing
• HRC Strobel Board increases cushioning and step-in comfort
• Non-Visible Grid System in the midsole offers stable cushioning in the heel
• Triangular Lug Design in the outsole maintains traction and cushioning on all terrain
• Features XT-600™- a carbon rubber outsole material that has outstanding abrasion and traction properties
Asics Gel Enduro 5: This rugged powerhouse trail shoe can perform on any terrain. Whether you’re running or walking, this silhouette features a slip-lasted design, compression molded EVA midsole for comfort, the gait optimization of ASICS® Trusstic System®, and durable AHAR® heel plug.
• AHAR® Heel Plug: Helps enhance durability at initial impact
• Compression Molded EVA Midsole: Shock attenuation throughout the gait cycle
• Trusstic System®: Links the rearfoot and forefoot and shores the midfoot
• Rearfoot GEL® Cushioning System: Provides shock attenuation in the heel
New Balance WX505GP: These women’s new balance cross-training shoes are a must-have for your everyday workout. This style is available in both Medium and Wide widths, allowing ultimate comfort.
• Breathable mesh upper keeps your foot cool and dry.
• Faux-leather and nylon overlays increase durability.
• Contrasting “N” appliqués add sporty appeal.
• Lace-up front secures the perfect fit.
• Padded collar, tongue and footbed offer all-over comfort.
• Abzorb® heel gives you superior shock absorption and cushioning.
• Rubber outsole with flex grooves promises enhanced traction and movement.
Nike Air Max Torch IV: These men’s Nike running shoes are great for the runner who wants a little more tech in their footwear, as well as someone who just wants a great looking shoe. This shoe functions well as both a road walker/runner and a solid treadmill shoe.
• A synthetic/mesh upper designed to provide lightweight comfort and support
• A Phylon-enhanced forefoot;
• A lugged full-length BRS 1000 carbon rubber outsole for maximum traction for your off-road activities;
• An Air-Sole unit that provides additional cushioning;
• Customer recommended for both outdoor and treadmill walking.
Nike Scramble TR: These Nike men’s trail running shoe offers Nike looks and comfort to the hiker or off road runner at a more moderate price. Lot’s of value here in a classic Nike running style.
• Classic Nike running style
• A synthetic/mesh upper and lining
• Full-length Phylon midsole for support
• Padded collar for extra comfort
• Air-Sole unit in the heel for enhanced shock-absorption.
• Durable rubber sole for increased traction and control
Nike Reax TR IV: These men’s Nike cross training shoes is perfect for someone who wants a durable, all purpose athletic shoe. Technical, but also designed to be comfortable.
• A leather upper for long-lasting wear;
• Designed to be a multi-purpose, high performance cross-trainer;
• A Reax – tech heel with an Air-Sole unit that ensures maximum comfort;
• Superior traction with a non-marking rubber outsole
New Balance CM478GB: These men’s New Balance trail running shoes are great walking or running on rough terrain or road surfaces. This style is available in both Medium and Wide widths, allowing ultimate comfort
• A durable outsole for added traction;
• A breathable design to help give cool, all-day comfort;
• The famous New Balance fit, made even better by being offered in 2 widths;
• Injection-molded EVA foam midsole for firm yet flexible cushioning
To find the Shoe Carnival location nearest you please visit www.shoecarnival.com or you can visit them at one of their Utah stores:
SLC area locations:
Cotton Mill II
628 W. Telegraph Street
Washington, UT 84780
Brickyard Shopping Center
1202 East Brickyard Road
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
Main Street Marketplace
1475 N. Main Street
Logan, UT 84341
Campus View Jordan Landing
7742 Campus View Drive
West Jordan, UT
305 E. University Parkway
Orem, UT 84058-6924