1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2 cups (12 ounces)semisweet or milk chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until fluffy. Gradually beat in flour.
2. Spread into a greased 9 X 13 X 2 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 16 – 20 min. or until lightly browned.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine condensed milk and chocolate chips. Microwave uncovered, on 100% power for 1-2 min. or until chips are melted; stir until smooth.
4. Stir in almond extract.
5. Spread over the shortbread. Sprinkle with almonds and press down.
6. Refregerate until firm. Cut into squares.