3/4 cup Crisco
3/4 cup margarine
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup molasses, light or dark
4 cups flour
4 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbl. ginger
1/2 cup granulated sugar to roll dough in
1. Cream crisco, margarine and sugar. Mix eggs and molasses.
2. Add flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. If dough is too soft, chill before spooning out.
3. Roll each spoonful of dough in granulated sugar then place on ungreased foil – covered cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 – 12 min.
5. Do not over bake. This is a soft centered cookie, not a gingerbread for decorating. Cookies will flatten and crackle on top while baking.