Grilled Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
1 1/2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed
1 pound bow tie pasta
1/4 cup butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chicken stock
Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Prep Time: 30 minutes
1. In a large pot, bring six quarts of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook to tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
2. Take asparagus out of water and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking, set aside.
3. Return pot to stove and water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
4. In a large skillet, set over low heat, combine butter, garlic, cream and stock. Stir in salt, lemon zest and juice. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add chicken, cheese and drained pasta.
5. Cut cooked asparagus into 1 to 2 inch pieces on a diagonal. Add asparagus and parsley to the pasta and toss all ingredients together. Turn off heat and let pasta sit to allow the sauce to thicken and all ingredients to heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.