Fall is the perfect time to make homemade bread.
If you’re planning on making your favorite fall soup this season, we’ve got the perfect thing to compliment your recipe.
Lisa Dinsmore shared the recipe for a simple homemade bread loaf. It’s easy to make from scratch, and it will taste amazing! This recipe is great for soup season and homemade sandwiches.
Basic White Bread
Makes 3 Loaves
- 4 cups flour (all purpose or bread)
- 2 heaping Tablespoons dry active yeast (1 ½ TBSP for instant yeast)
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 3 ¼ cups warm water
- 3 additional cups of flour
1. With a dough book on the mixer, add the 4 cups of flour, dry active yeast, salt and sugar. Mix until combine.
2. Add the oil and warmer water and mix well.
3. Add the additional 3 cups of flour and mix until incorporated, but not fully mixed. Add flour in ¼-1/2 cup increments until the dough pulls away from the bowl and you can touch it without having dough stuck to your fingers. Dough will get a little stickier as it kneads and raises. Cover and let it sit until it doubles in size, about 30 minutes.
4. Pour the dough onto a grease or floured counter and cut into 3 loaves.
5. Form loaves and place in greased bread pans. Cover with a dish towel and let raise again.
6. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
7. Remove from pans and butter the tops of the bread. Let cool completely before placing in plastic bags.