A recipe from a favorite Utah foodie has got to be a good one. Whip up this weeknight gnocchi and everyone will want seconds.
Kelsey Nixon shares the easiest weeknight pasta dish you will ever make.
Find more recipes from Kelsey on her website, www.kelseynixon.com.
Creamy Spinach Gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- Kosher salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound gnocchi (uncooked)
- 2 cups (about 4 ounces) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and sauté the onion, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and fragrant.
Add the garlic and mushrooms and season to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk in the mustard and white wine (or chicken broth) and cook until liquid has reduced to a tablespoon or so.
Add the cream and gnocchi and bring to a simmer. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low – cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Stir in the spinach, cover and cook for another minute.
Stir in the parmesan and season with salt & pepper. Garnish with extra parmesan, if desired.