Tony Oakman, from Lee’s Heating and Air highlights one of the most effective ways to clean your air.
According to Tony Oakman from Lee’s Heating and Air, having an effective air-filtration system can expand the life of your furnace by decreasing the amount of dust and dirt that accumulates on the furnace’s components which can cause damage. Put another way, dirty filters really cost you a lot of money because you’re putting additional strain on your furnace, and this ultimately results in your furnace running less efficiently and it will result in you having to replace your furnace sooner than you really should. In addition, a good air filter improves your home’s air quality and helps keep it cleaner, which is really important in winter months as more time is spent indoors than out.
The particles you breathe in your home come from a variety of sources including:
• Dust on floors or other surfaces that is disturbed by activity in the house.
• Dust generated by smoking, burning candles, cooking, doing laundry, etc.
• Hair and skin flakes from humans or pets.
• Particles from the outside air which come into your home with infiltrating air.
Oakman says a lot of people make the mistake of buying inexpensive fiberglass filters. He said that if you take some salt and try pouring it through this filter, you’ll see how ineffective these are in filtering material.
“On the other hand, a pleated filter increases the entire surface area of the filter and helps extend the life of the filter (Tony pours salt through the filter). This type of filter can be up to 50 percent more efficient than common fiberglass filters. So, while it’s more expensive to begin with, it will really save you money in the long run since it will extend the life of your furnace and air conditioning system. It’s important to change or clean your pleated filter every two to three months – remember that accumulated dust and dirt on your system’s components are the cause of up to 80 percent of repair calls to service technicians,” Oakman says.
If home owners want even cleaner air, Oakman says they should consider an AccuClean air filtration system from American Standard Heating and Air Conditioning. “This is clearly the most advanced air filtration unit in the marketplace today,” Oakman says.
Oakman points to these facts about AccuClean:
• AccuClean is a highly advanced air filtration and cleaning system that removes 99.98 percent of unwanted particles and allergens from the filtered air in your home. These allergens include mold, dust, mites, pollen, pet hair and animal dander.
• A Harvard-led study concluded that AccuClean also removes over 99 percent of the common flu, or influenza A virus, from the filtered air in your home.
• Influenza viruses are spread from person to person in respiratory droplets of coughs or sneezes. So, AccuClean’s ability to reduce the average airborne concentration of the virus in your home’s re-circulated air makes it a very effective flu defense.
• AccuClean can also prevent odors caused by cooking grease and smoke.
• In most cases, an AccuClean system can be added to an existing heating and air conditioning system.
• If you install an AccuClean system in your home, you’ll never have to purchase air filters again. All the filters in the AccuClean system can be easily cleaned by the homeowner.
• Since the AccuClean system basically covers your whole house, it’s much more effective than ionic-type room appliances.
Finally, Oakman says, “In addition to changing your filters or installing an AccuClean system, you also need to make sure your furnace is running properly. Just like regular maintenance for your car, you need to get a tune-up on your furnace now to prevent expensive repairs while it’s freezing outside. In fact, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests that furnaces need to be tuned up once a year. This yearly service is also importance since Lee’s will check your furnace for potentially fatal carbon monoxide leaks. With a tune-up, you’ll also lower utility bills and be more comfortable this winter season.”
As a holiday gift to Studio 5 viewers, Lee’s Heating and Air will send one of its technicians to your home at no cost to you. This technician will replace your filter for just the cost of the filter. Lee’s has a wide variety of filter sizes, so Oakman says his staff should be able to help just about everyone, even if you have an odd-sized filter. Plus, Lee’s will conduct a 15-point safety inspection at no cost to you. This inspection will include a carbon monoxide check. Oakman says, “We want to make sure your family is safe this winter. Call 801-747-LEES now for this special offer.”
For more information, you can visit leesheatac.com