4 4-oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of any visible fat
1/3 cup fat free egg substitute or 2 egg whites mixed with 2 tablespoons water
2 cups herb or garlic seasoned fat free salad croutons.
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon butter seasoning i.e. Molly McButter, Butter Buds etc.
4 ounces reduced fat Swiss cheese, divided into 4 slices (3.5 to 4 grams fat per
4 ounces 96 to 98% fat free ham, thinly sliced
Honey Dijon Cream Sauce
½ cup fat free half and half
½ cup chicken broth or stock or ½ cup water mixed with 1 teaspoon chicken soup
base or bouillon
¼ cup flour
2 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
1. Combine croutons in food processor with salt and butter seasoning and process
until fine, set aside.
2. Pour egg substitute or egg whites and water into a shallow bowl, beat lightly and
3. Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a non-stick or stick-resistant baking dish or
baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside
4. Cover each chicken breast top and bottom with a sheet of wax paper or plastic
wrap. Using a meat mallet pound/shape each breast out as evenly as possible into a
¼-inch thick square/ rectangle.
5. Fold cheese inside of ham slice(s) and place on half side of chicken breasts. Fold
other half of breasts over top of ham and cheese and fasten edges together with
6. Dip chicken breasts in egg, cover both sides in bread crumbs and place in
prepared baking dish. Lightly spray top of breasts with cooking spray and bake for
25 to 30 minutes until chicken is fork tender and breading has browned. Try not to
7. While chicken is baking, pour fat free half & half and ½ cup chicken stock or
water mixed with 1 teaspoon chicken base into a small heavy saucepan. Adding
about a third of the flour at a time whisk flour briskly into liquid until blended.
8. Whisking constantly, bring mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat. Whisk in
wine and honey mustard until blended and reduce heat to low.
9. Remove chicken from oven, place each breast on a plate and top with ¼ cup
sauce and serve. If desired sauce can be served separately on the side or in a small