1 recipe Light Chocolate Cookie Crust
2-quarts nonfat chocolate frozen yogurt
1- cup fat free hot fudge topping
1- cup room temperature fat free caramel topping
1. Prepare crust according to directions using an 8 to 9 inch spring-form pan. After crust has cooled, transfer to freezer and allow to chill at least an hour before filling.
2. To prepare pie, spoon softened chocolate frozen yogurt into crust, leveling off with a spatula. Cover pie with plastic wrap and freeze until well set, 2 to 6 hours.
3. Warm hot fudge in the microwave stirring every 20 seconds just until smooth and easy to pour. Try not to let the fudge get too hot so that the yogurt underneath doesn’t over melt. Pour fat free fudge evenly over top of pie using a spatula if necessary to spread fudge evenly out over top of pie. Pour caramel topping in a circular motion starting from the center of pie. Using a fork or frosting knife carefully swirl topping to create a marbled look. Some of the frozen yogurt will melt and swirl into the caramel and fudge topping so avoid over swirling.
4. Cover, return pie to freezer and chill until caramel fudge topping has set and any melted yogurt has re-frozen. To serve, allow pie to sit at room temperature 3 to 5 minutes. Slide a wet knife around inside of spring-form to separate sides from pie before unlocking and removing pan. Using a wet knife slice into pieces and serve. After serving, cover and return unused portion to freezer.
Yield: 12 servings each at approximately 330 Calories 2.2 grams total fat; 0.9 gram saturated fat; 3 milligrams cholesterol; 73 carbohydrate; 0 fiber; 5.7 grams protein and 271 milligrams sodium
High fat version contains 370 calories and 15 grams total fat
Light Chocolate Cookie Crust
1 cup chocolate graham cracker or cookie crumbs or 9 whole crackers, crushed
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons Land O Lakes Light Butter (5.5 grams fat per 1 tablespoon) or other light butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375º F. Combine crumbs, sugar and melted margarine in the bottom of an 8 to 10-inch spring-form pan. Pat crust evenly over bottom and 1/4 inch up sides of pan. Bake crust for 8 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Yield: 8 servings at approximately 52 calories each; 2 grams total fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 5 milligrams cholesterol; 7.8 grams carbohydrate; 0.2 gram dietary fiber; 0.8 gram protein; 68 milligrams sodium.
Recipes from the cookbook, Lighten Up – The Art of Low Fat Gourmet Cooking, by
Mary E. Ross