3 3/4 cups flour, all-purpose
1 1/2 packages quick-rise yeast
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons malted milk powder
1 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk warmed to 120°F
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons grated orange rind
1/4 cup Land OLakes, light butter, melted
Orange Sour Cream Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In bowl of electric mixer, combine 1cup flour with yeast, salt, malted milk powder and sugar together. With mixer on low speed gradually mix buttermilk into dry ingredients. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and 1 more cup flour and continue beating mixture 2 minutes longer.
2. Using low mixer speed gradually stir in 1 1/2 cups flour, enough to make a soft dough that holds together instead of sticking to sides of bowl. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and satiny, 8 minutes, adding up to 1/4 cup more flour to prevent dough from being too sticky to knead.
3. Shape dough into a ball and turn over in a large bowl lightly sprayed with cooking spray to grease top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and a towel. Let dough rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about 30 minutes.
4. While dough is rising; mix sugar together with orange rind and set aside. Lightly spray a 13- by 9-inch baking sheet with cooking spray or line with baking parchment and set aside. In a small bowl whisk confectioner’s sugar with orange juice concentrate, sour cream and vanilla until smooth and set aside.
5. Turn dough on to a lightly floured surface and punch dough down and knead into a ball; cover with inverted bowl and let rest 5 minutes. Roll dough out into an 18- by 12-inch rectangle. Brush dough with about 1/2 of the melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Starting at 18- inch side, tightly roll dough up jellyroll fashion into a cylinder, pinching seam to seal.
6. Place cylinder on baking sheet, curving it into a ring as you set it down. Using a pair of scissors, cut into the outside edge of the ring at 1-inch intervals, cutting to within ½ – inch of the inner edge of ring.
7. Working around the ring, flip alternate slices inward with one hand, while using your other hand to steady the preceding slice. Cover the twisted ring with plastic wrap or large bowl and allow to rise until about double in size 30 to 45 minutes
8. Bake ring in a preheated 425º F. oven for 2 minutes and then reduce heat to 375º F and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly golden browned. After removing ring from oven, allow to cool a few minutes, then brush with remaining butter and drizzle top with Orange Sour Cream Glaze. Slice or pull apart. Ring can be served warm or at room temperature.