Mini Beef Burritos
1 lb ground beef, or steak thinly sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced, optional
Salt and pepper to taste
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp oregano
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 small can (4oz) diced chilies, drained
I package egg roll wraps
Oil for frying
Salsa for serving
1. Brown ground beef with onion, garlic and jalapeño until cooked through or sauté steak slices cooking to desired doneness; add all seasonings.
2. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and chilies.
3. Scoop a heaping ¼ cup meat mixture into center of egg roll wrap and fold wrap over filling, wet fingers with water and slide over all edges of wrap to help seal the package.
4. Heat 1 inch oil in large frying pan to 375 degrees. Fry burrito packages for just a minute or two per side, just until lightly browned.
5. Makes 1 ½ dozen. Serve with salsa.