Mini Fruit Tarts
1large box instant vanilla pudding
2 cups heavy whipping cream
6 prepared tart shells; these can be found by the graham cracker crumbs in the baking isle
Fresh fruit; strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, etc…
1. In a large bowl, combine pudding and whipping cream. Mix together by hand using a wire whisk. Mix vigorously to ensure a smooth mix. When the pudding starts to set, it is finished.
2. Place finished “pastry cream” into a large zip lock bag. Squeeze out extra air and seal the top. Cut a hole about 1/2 inch wide in one corner of the bag.
3. Pipe pastry cream into each pastry shell, dividing the cream evenly between all 6 shells.
4. Decorate each tart with fruit, using a variety of color and texture.
5. Heat about 1/4 cup apricot jam in the microwave for about 30 seconds. The jam should be runny but not boiling. Brush the tops of the fruit with the melted jam to create a pretty shine on the tarts.
6. Serve immediately