These painted banners combine two art forms to create the cutest mantle décor for the season.
Every mantle needs an artfully draped banner. This project puts your love of paint and papercraft together. The result is a pretty piece to deck your spring and summer mantle.
Lori Walker shares how she put this cute craft together. She shares what supplies you’ll need, the step-by-step process, and how to sew it all together for the final look.
- Canson Watercolor paper 300 gram
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint in colors White, Black and Antique Gold
- Craft Paint brushes in assorted sizes
- Metallic Gold Paint Pen
- Posca Paint Pens White & Black
- Tim Holtz Honeycomb Stencil
- Sewing Machine Thread White
- Assorted Ribbons to match the project
- Liquitex Gloss Varnish
- Sponge Brush
Paint your design on watercolor paper. Let dry.
Varnish the paper, let dry again.
Trace circle on the back of paper, or cut with a Cricut.
Cut circles in half.
Sew together in a row, add ribbon to the ends when sewing together.