The American idea of a caramel sauce is blown away by this South American treat!
Maria Call shares why she always keeps it in her fridge and this recipe that is great for beginners.
You can follow Maria on instagram at the handle “urugirl”
5 tablespoons of flour
5 tablespoons of sugar
A teaspoon of Vanilla
A pinch of salt
1. Line a jelly roll pan with wax paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Separate egg whites from yolks. Put whites in a bowl and beat with electric mixer until hard peaks form.
3. Add sugar, flour and vanilla to the yolks and mix well.
4. Fold the whites gently into the egg yolk mixture until blended.
5. Spread batter evenly into the prepared jelly roll pan.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until it is golden and starts to spring back to your touch. Do not over-bake, or it will be difficult to roll.
7. Loosen the edges of the cake by running a knife around them, then turn cake out onto a dish cloth and let it cool. Spread Dulce de Leche (or any filling of your choice) and roll up the cake.
8. Cover with melted chocolate or powder sugar, fruit, make it your own!