Event Coordinator Chris Wonnacott talks to Studio 5 viewers about some of the things you can expect to see and do.
If a wedding is in your future, stop by Temple Square Hospitality and check out the great rooms, food, decorations and so much more when you’re planning your wedding.
If Elegance is your style, try the Joseph Smith Memorial Building with beautiful banquet rooms, each with stunning views of the city. A typical meal would consist of salmon with fruit salsa and flowers perfect for this look are roses, calla lilies, stephanotis or orchids.
If you’re more Traditional, the beautiful gardens or large upstairs banquet rooms in the Lion House might be just the ticket for you. A featured meal is the delicious Lion House Chicken (and Lion House rolls, of course!). Florals might include hydrangeas, open garden roses, tulips and hyacinths… the perfect floral accompaniement here.
The stately Devereaux Mansion, a delightful new choice for weddings, is now also available and provides a beautiful backdrop for the Heritage look, with ornate rooms that include a fireplace or you can move to a large and beautiful brick patio as well. Chicken Wellington is a featured food selection here and you can choose stephanotis, roses, orchids or gardenias for outstanding floral arrangements.
What’s In for this Year’s Weddings
The professionals at Temple Square Hospitality are excited to help you when you decide where you’d like to have your wedding. For example, here are some tips that might guide you in trends for this year’s weddings:
– Keep it clean, simple and natural
– Objects used for decor tell a story and create a relationship with the guests
– Everything has gone casual, formal china is gone
– Floppy bows, tulle, ruffles and frills are out
– Bold and vibrant linens, multiple colors and lots of beading and embroidery are popular
– Popular colors: from the garden, vibrant green. Pink is still hot and slate gray and lavender for color as well. Look to nature for inspiration.
– Hot and cold soups are popular
– Food should be served, not at a food station
– Food should be fork-friendly; no knives
– One bit pop items in your mouth are good sizes
– Flavored waters and smoothies are in
– Linear layers to display food are in. Use shelves on risers and boxy straight line and clean edges
Come to Salt Lake’s Premier Wedding Show
When: January 19, 2008, from 10 am – 6pm
Where: Joseph Smith Memorial Building
Register online at www.weddingsattemplesquare.com (registration if free), but those who pre-register on-line are entered to win a Honeymoon trip to Cancun, Mexico!
What you’ll see at the show: Over 50 of Utah’s best wedding vendors, food samplings, fashion shows, live music and beautiful rooms to tour.