Tony Oakman, from Lee’s HVAC explains how increasing the humidity in your home can actually help you save money on your heating bill.
How does humidity affect the perceived temperature in a home?
1. When moisture is introduced into the air, the perceived temperature when above 65 degrees goes up.
2. If you have your thermostat set to 72 degrees F. with no humidifier, with a lee’s humidifier @ 30%+ humidity, you can turn your thermostat down to 70 degrees and still feel the same comfort level. This will reduce your gas bill!!!
Other benefits from having a properly Lee’s humidified home.
1. All wood furniture, instruments, floors and trim will resist cracking.
2. Helps reduce static shock in clothes and between objects and people.
3. Feels warmer when getting out of the tub or shower.
What is the proper % humidity in a home?
1. 30% to 35% humidity in a home with good double pane windows and good insulation.
2. 25% to 30% humidity in a home with single pane windows and poor insulation.
How does one check the humidity in the home?
1. Use a new Lee’s digital programmable thermostat with humidity read out.
2. Have one of Lee’s trained technicians come out for FREE to do a free in home humidity analysis and determine what size you need.
If you already have a humidifier, what service needs to be done and how much does it cost?
1. An annual change of the pad should be performed. Avg.cost $21.
2. To have humidifier serviced by a Lee’s professional technician including filter change. Avg. cost $89.
Lee’s HVAC is offering a special deal for Studio 5 viewers. They can save over $300 dollars when they install a Lee’s humidifier.
For more information, you can contact them at www.leesheatac.com.