Inspired by aging women who wanted nothing more than to look great in their own skin, celebrity make-up artist Bobbi Brown developed a surgery-free way to wipe away the years. It’s a five step process she calls the “Makeup Face Lift.”
Sherri Hubner, Education Executive with Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, shares the secrets.
Bobbi’s Five Instant Look Lifters
Layer skincare formulas (a wet, hydrating cream under a rich dense balm) to give skin a plumped-up, cushiony look.
*Hydrating Eye Cream
*Intensive Skin Supplement
*Extra Moisturizing Balm
*Extra Soothing Balm (press into skin over foundation to give a glow to dehydrated skin)
*Extra Face Oil
Lighten the under-eye area and draw your attention up with a pink or peach toned corrective concealer paired with a yellow toned concealer. Be sure to apply concealer close to the lashes and to the inner corner of the eye as well.
*Tinted Eye Brightener can be worn alone, or used before corrector and concealer if extremely dark under the eye (skip eye cream if needed)
*Suggest Tinted Eye Brightener as an option for your day off, going the gym, or to be worn with Tinted Moisture Balm
• Focus on plumpness and illumination of the skin
• Luminous Moisturizing Foundation (Super-moisturizing with anti-aging benefits. Luminous Moisturizing Foundation is formulated with a natural collagen boosting, skin firming blend of Hexapeptides and Milk Thistle Extract. Instantly moisturizes and keeps skin hydrated all day. Softens fine lines and imperfections. Skin looks and feels refreshed, renewed and beautifully luminous. Buildable formula offers medium-to-full coverage. For Normal to Dry Skins).
• Tinted Moisturizing Balm
• Teach your customer to apply foundation like a lotion or cream, and buff it out with the Foundation Brush
• Use your hands to press foundation into skin
• Put effort into covering spots and concerns
• Powder only where needed (usually avoiding the cheeks)
• Powder around the mouth (above the lip) for those who sweat
Dust blush high on the apples of your cheeks
*Use multifunctional colors (Pot Rouge can be worn on cheeks and lips)
*Teach your customer to blend Pot Rouge above and below the cheek bone to give a flushed appearance to the skin
*When using Shimmer Brick, apply to the smoothest part of the skin
When lining eyes, extend the liner ever so slightly at the outer corner of the eye. Make sure the liner is thick enough and visible when your eyes are open
*Black Gel Eyeliner (no skin should be showing along lash line)
*Use Eye Shadow to line along and slightly above Gel Eyeliner to blend out a harsh line
Eye Shadow Tips
• Highlight the brow bone (Bone, White)
• Brow bone should be the lightest part of the skin
• If doing a crease color, the height of the shadow should be at the arch of the brow bone
• Non shimmer shades are less intimidating to your “mature” customer
• Cream mascara (Everything Mascara) dries matte
• Gel Mascara (No Smudge and Lash Glamour) hold curl
• Sell two mascaras by layering a gel over a cream to get lashes that create an impact (use Everything Mascara as a lash primer)
After applying lipstick and pencil, layer a light shade of light reflecting, high shine lip gloss
*Concentrate lip liner on the outer corners of the mouth to give a fuller appearance
*Brightening Lip Gloss is infused with brightening pearls giving lips a luminous, glowing sheen. The effect immediately brightens and lifts your look
“I’ve learned that it’s not about looking young for your
age – it’s about looking great for your age.”
– Bobbi Brown
Inspired by Chapter 3 in “Living Beauty” by Bobbi Brown.
To purchase Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, or learn more about the Bobbi Brown Philosophy, visit www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com.