2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of chicken soup
1 can (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
1 jar (2 oz.) chopped pimentos
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 package (8 oz.) egg noodles, cooked and drained
3-4 cups cooked diced chicken
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cups cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
dried bread crumbs (opt.)
1. Saute the onion and pepper in the butter or margarine until tender.
2. Remove from the heat and add the soup, mushrooms, pimentos and basil. Set aside
3. Mix together the noodles, chicken, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
4. Pour the soup mixture over the noodles and combine well.
5. Pour into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, if desired, and bake 10 minutes longer.