Horticulturist, Jerry Goodspeed explains how to add color, texture and beauty to yard with unique and unusual evergreens.
Check out Jerry Goodpseed’s list of unique and unusual evergreens:
1.Blue Atlas Cedar – Blue color, more open than a blue spruce.
2. Weeping blue Atlas Cedar – Weeps or grows different patterns.
3. Cedar of Lebanon – Tall stately tree. Deep green. large. Teirs of limbs, growth.
4. Bosnian pine – smaller more open pine. 15 to 25 feet.
5. Columnar Scots pine – only 4 to 5 feet wide, very upright, 20 to 30 feet tall.
6. Deodara cedar – very stately, upright. open when older. 40 to 70 feet tall. Golden variety.
7. Arizona Cypress – Wonderful blue color, water wise, 20 to 30 feet tall, nice form.
For more information on workshops, plant sales and classes go to
Jerry L. Goodspeed
Utah State University Extension
Director – Ogden Botanical Gardens