Whimsical Watermelon Parfaits
1 Pint Lime Sherbet
1 Pint Vanilla Ice Cream
1 Pint Raspberry Sherbet or Sorbet
Chocolate Chip Morsels
1. For each parfait, pack a generous spoonful of the lime sherbet into the bottom of a parfait glass. Chill the glass in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes so the sherbet will harden.
<>2. Add a thin layer of vanilla ice cream (to complete the rind) and chill for another 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Complete the parfait with a generous layer of raspberry sherbet or sorbet. For an extra festive effect, press a row of chocolate chips against the glass midway through the layer, as shown. Top the parfait with a few more chocolate chops. Makes 4 parfaits.
Frozen Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
1 Quart Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt
1 Package Yellow Cake Mix
Powdered Pink Lemonade Mix
Maraschino Cherries with Stems
1.Remove the ice cream from the freezer to soften. Meanwhile, prepare the cake batter, adding in 3 tablespoons of pink lemonade mix. Spoon the batter into 24 lined muffin pan cups and bake the cupcakes according to the package directions.
2. When the ice cream is soft enough to stir (about 20 minutes), spoon it into a mixing bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of pink lemonade mix until evenly blended. Return the ice cream to the freezer
3. Cool the baked cupcakes in the pans for 5 minutes. Then remove them and set them directly on a wire rack to cook for another 5 minutes. Next, use a teaspoon to scoop out a small hole in the top of each cupcake. (You can save the removed bits to nibble on later.)
4. Remove the pink lemonade ice cream from the freezer and let it soften slightly. Fill the hole in each cupcake with a spoonful of ice cream, then top the cupcake itself with a small with a small scoopful and spread it like frosting – you’ve got to work fast here! Place the cupcakes back into the cups of the muffin pans as soon as they are frosted.
5. Decorate each frosted cupcake with a sprinkling of jimmies and a cherry, then place the whole muffin pan in the freezer for at least 1 hour before serving.
Makes 2 dozen cupcakes.