This recipe is a new fall staple. This fresh peach compote is going to be your new favorite topping.
Lots of people are making jam this time of year. We’re giving you a reason to make compote. It’s a little more savory, and it includes those ever popular fall peaches.
Chef Nettie Frank shares how to make this tasty topper. She shares how long it will last, and what makes it different from your average jam.
- 2 strips of bacon- cut up
- 1/2 yellow onion – small diced
- 3 peaches – small diced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups water or orange juice
- 1 T. Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Using a medium sauce pan, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Add onion and peaches, sauté until caramelized.
- Add sugar and deglaze with water. Stir and let it come to a simmer.
- In a separate small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water, mix well.
Add slurry (cornstarch and water) to the hot liquid, stir the entire time until thick, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat and serve!