Spring cleaning isn’t just for you house anymore. Spring clean your diet by focusing on plants and being mindful eater.
Karen Mangum shares a recipe for a caprese farro bowl that checks all the clean boxes.
Find more of Karen’s recipes on her website, www.insidekarenskitchen.com.
California Caprese Farro Bowl
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (yellow and red)
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Balsamic Glaze, optional
Top cooked farro with spinach, avocado, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil and bacon.
For the Dressing: Combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over bowl.
Drizzle balsamic glaze over bowl, if desired.