Michelle Huxtable and Alyse Christensen, authors of “The Gathering of Friends” share their ideas for entertaining at home.
Creating a Strawberry Topiary
• Styrofoam topiary (with one or two spheres)
• Styrofoam base
• Serving bowl
• Sour cream
• Brown sugar
1. Cover the Styrofoam topiary base with Saran Wrap and place in serving bowl.
2. Insert Styrofoam topiary (tree portion) into base.
3. Using toothpicks, place strawberries stem down into the Styrofoam spheres.
4. Fill the base with approximately 2 cups of sour cream (depending on size of bowl) and cover with approximately 1 ½ cups brown sugar.
5. Tie with coordinating ribbon.
“A Gathering of Friends” is a beautiful full-color cookbook. Each meal is outlined with a complete menu and photographed with table dressings and place settings.
You can purchase “A Gathering of Friends” and other fun accessories at www.thegatheringoffriends.com