Studio 5 contributor Jennifer Heslop came up with the idea to have an inspirational board lamp shade.
All you need are a few supplies and some simple instructions.
• Drum style lamp shade (cylinder shaped)
• Cork board (use 3/32″ thick – sold as a roll, found at craft store)
• Measuring tape
• Scissors or utility knife
• Craft glue
• Decorative stencil
• Acrylic craft paint
• Stencil brush or make-up sponge
• Ribbon or trim
1. Measure the height and circumference of the lamp shade. Add 1 inch to the circumference measurement.
2. Unroll cork and using a straight edge, mark the length and height of the piece of cork to wrap around the lamp shade.
3. Using scissors or a metal straight edge, cut out cork.
4. To stencil a pattern on the cork, lay the cork flat and lay stencil on top.
5. Using a small amount of paint, dip brush or sponge into paint, dab off excess paint, and apply paint to cork.
6. Allow paint to dry.
7. To adhere cork to lamp shade, apply a bead of glue along all edges of cork.
8. Lay lamp shade on its side, line it up with the cork, and gently roll the shade along the cork, making sure all edges line up.
9. Use wooden clothes pins to hold everything in place until glue dries.
10. To finish the project off, use craft glue or glue gun to adhere ribbon or trim along top and bottom edge.
11. Attach photos, trinkets, etc. using push pins.
Jen shared a few elements of her creative space that she enjoys and amde a couple product recommendations on today’s show.
clips from http://clipitup.com
$59.00 dress form
139 East 3900 South
Salt Lake City, UT
Studio 5 Contributor Jennifer Heslop loves turning trash into treasure. She is handy with a hammer, and has a knack for saving a dime by doing it yourself! If you have questions for Jenn, e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org