The Beach Bum
1 large block ice
2 liters tonic water
2 liters lemon lime soda
1 whole pinneapple (or 30 oz. canned)
1 qt. fresh strawberries
1. Place ice block in bowl
2. Juice half the oranges, limes, lemons into a bowl. Slice remainder and stir in.
3. Add small wedges of pinneapple and whole strawberries.
4. Scoop into cups. Serves 25
Front Porch Julep
1 qt. ginger ale
1 pint cold water
2 bunches fresh mint
1/4 Cup sugar
6 lemons, whole, 2 lemons, sliced
1. In a large container, combine ginger ale, water and sugar. Juice 6 lemons into mixture. Stir well.
2. Pack tall tumblers 1/2 full with mint sprigs. Using a wooden spoon, crush mint until stems are broken.
3. Pour in liquid over crushed ice. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs, lemon slices and a straw. Serves 8.