A blueberry sour cream pie is the fruity touch your dessert table needs.
When it comes to Thanksgiving, there are a variety of pie flavors to choose from. This year, give this Blueberry Sour Cream Pie a try!
Alyssa Bybee shares the recipe. It’s a light and flavorful fruit pie, and it only takes five minutes to put together the filling. This flavor combination is sure to be a crowd favorite!
Blueberry Sour Cream Pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust—homemade or store bought.
Blueberry Sour Cream Filling
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll pie crust out and place in pie crust, prick crust with a fork to prevent air bubbles. Set aside.
- Whisk together sugar, sour cream, egg, vanilla, almond extract, lemon juice, salt, and flour until smooth. Fold in blueberries. Cover the edges of the crust with foil so they don’t get too brown. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While pie is baking prepare the crumble. Use a fork to crumble together cold butter, and flour. Once you have a shaggy meal stir in sugar and salt.
- After the pie has baked for 30 minutes remove it from the oven, remove the foil from the edges of your pie crust, and sprinkle with the crumble topping. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Cool completely before serving.