Pull out the pancake mix to make this deep-
Apple fritters are all-American, and a
to Independence Day.
The Chipper Chef, Lindsey Joy Smith shows
2 c. pancake mix
1 1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 medium apple, grated
Oil for frying, enough to fill a skillet one inch deep
1. Heat oil over medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, Sift pancake batter, sugar and cinnamon
into a large bowl.
3. Add grated apple and stir to coat apple bits with
the pancake mixture.
4. Add milk and stir. Batter consistency should be a
little stiffer than cake batter, but looser than cookie
5. Drop 1 Tbsp of mixture into the hot oil and fry on
the first side for about a minute, then flip and fry on the
other side. Remove to cool on a cooling rack. Test the
first fritter to make sure that you think it is absolutely
perfect. If the oil is too hot, the inside won’t cook. If
the oil is too cool, the fritter will absorb the oil,
making it heavy and yucky.
6. Fry the rest up.
7. Finish the apple fritters by brushing the tops with
Find more of Lindsey’s recipes at www.thechipperchef.com.
2 C. powdered sugar
½ cup buttermilk
2 tsp. Maple flavoring extract
Mix all ingredients, and enjoy! FYI – maple syrup doesn’t
produce a strong enough maple flavor, so be sure to use the