Asian Chicken Salad
1 package large egg roll wrappers
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or diced
1/8 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped fine
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped fine
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 teaspoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To create wonton cups for the salad, spray egg roll wrappers on each side with non-stick cooking spray. Place wrappers in alternating cups of a muffin pan, pressing the wrappers along the sides to create a large cup.
3. Bake wrappers for 8-13 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Let cool slightly in the muffin pan, cool completely on cooling rack.
4. On a large baking sheet, spread almonds and sesame seeds. Bake in oven for 5-8 minutes or until lightly golden. Let almonds and seeds cool.
5. Place chicken in a large zip lock bag. Pour 1/8 cup soy sauce and 2 teaspoons sugar over chicken. Seal bag and toss to evenly coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
6. Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients in an airtight container. Shake to combine and let sit in the refrigerator while chicken marinates.
7. In a large bowl combine lettuce, onions, oranges, almonds and sesame seeds. Add marinated chicken and toss together with prepared dressing. Fill each wonton cup with salad and serve immediately.
Prep time: 20 minutes