The the whole table will rave over these autumnal veggies.
This holiday side dish comes together in no time. It has a little something for every taste bud at the table – perfect for picky eaters, and easy to prepare! Serve it up this holiday season with any vegetables you like.
Marguerite Henderson shares her autumnal veggies. You can prep the vegetables ahead of time to make day-of preparations easier. She shares how to cook the different varieties evenly, and her plating and topping suggestions.
Find more recipes from Marguerite on Instagram, @margueriteh100.
Roasted Autumnal Veggies
- 1 lb. butternut squash, cubed into bite-sized 1” pieces
- 1 lb. yams, peeled and cubed into bite-sized 1” pieces
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florettes
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed and blanched for 2-3 minutes, drained
- 1 lb. mini assorted peppers
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 T. herbs de Provence
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
For ease on the cooking day of dinner, have all 7 of the vegetables cut and put into separate canisters or individual zip lock bags the day before.
Day of dinner: spread a sheet of parchment paper on a large baking pan. Place vegetables in separate rows on pan, so you ‘ll have 7 individual arrays of vegetables. Mix the oil, salt, pepper and herbs in a bowl. Drizzle over all the vegetables.
Heat oven to 425o, “roast” setting if you have one.
Place on middle rack of oven and roast for 20-25 minutes until all are tender and lightly browned.
To serve, place each variety of vegetable on a large oblong serving dish, garnish with rosemary and serve! Serves 6-8.