Get the kids involved for this Valentines treat.
Mandy Merriman shares how to make a yummy Valentines dessert.
Baked Double Chocolate Donuts
3/4 C all-purpose flour
1/3 C cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
2 1/2 Tablespoons melted butter, cooled to room temperature
1/4 C packed brown sugar
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
6 Tablespoons buttermilk
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
5 Tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prep a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, sugars, vanilla, and buttermilk. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk until combined.
4. Using a large piping bag without a tip, or a ziploc baggie with a corner cut off, pipe the dough into the donut pan – only use a little bit, don’t over fill. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, turn the pan over to free the donuts from the pan, and allow the donuts to cool on an cooling rack.
5. Make the glaze: whisk together the icing sugar, cocoa, cream, and corn syrup. Whisk until glaze is smooth. Add in more powdered sugar to thicken, or heavy cream to thin to desired consistency. Top with sprinkles, and store in an airtight container for up to 2 days for best freshness.
Find more yummy recipes at www.bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com.