Salmon is a healthy meal, and tasty too, if you’re into it! Pair with butternut squash to infuse it with fall flavor for a nutritious, seasonal meal.
Alex Daynes shares her recipe for baked salmon and roasted butternut squash.
Find more of Alex’s recipes on her website, www.myownmealplan.blogspot.com.
Baked Salmon With Roasted Butternut Squash and Broccoli
- 1 Salmon Fillet- about 2-3 pounds
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- For the Salmon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Peel and cube butternut squash, if needed.
- In a small bowl, toss butternut squash and broccoli in olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dump the coated veggies out onto the baking sheet, arranging them into a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the salmon.
- Remove any small bones from the fillet if needed.
- Season the fillet with salt, lemon pepper, Italian seasoning, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- When the 30 minutes is up on the veggies, remove from oven. Reduce heat to 350.
- Place the salmon fillet right on top of the veggies, skin side down, and return the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the salmon is baked through. Be careful not to over cook!
- Serve hot. Best served over a bed of quinoa.
*If you don’t want the broccoli charred, add the broccoli florets to the pan when you add the salmon!