These fries are cut with a French fry cutting tool in just seconds, coated with sour cream first, then equal parts of bread crumbs and parmesan cheese with a dash of garlic salt and baked in the oven. They are delicious when served with shrimp cocktail sauce.
Baked Zucchini Fries
Cut the fairly young tender zucchini into strips,
· Place in a plastic bag, with about 2 T. sour cream.
· Massage the bag to coat the fries.
· Transfer the fries to another plastic bag with the crumbs and parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
· Shake to coat.
· With tongs, transfer fries to a greased parchment paper on a cookie sheet
· Bake at 450 degrees for 30 min. until browned and crispy.
· Serve with shrimp cocktail sauce, ranch dressing or catsup.
Julienned Zucchini Spaghetti
Make thin slices of zucchini using the Titan Julienne tool (available at Bed Bath and Beyond), steam it slightly in a frying pan with a small amount of water for about 2 min. and serve like spaghetti with either marinara or alfredo sauce over it.
Use a small flour tortilla; spread with ranch dressing; place 3-4 thin slices of tomato; sprinkle with julienned zucchini; put either grated or sliced cheese over all. (Feta cheese is especially good). Heat a small frying pan with a small amount of olive oil in the bottom. Place pizza in hot pan, cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Serve.
Zucchini Lemon Pie
1 9″ graham cracker pie crust
4 c. cubed zucchini
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. lemon juice—the juice of about 2 lemons
Zest of one lemon
1 T. butter
1/2 c. sugar
4 T. cornstarch
Pinch of salt
1 8 oz. container whipped topping
Peel zucchini and cut into cubes. Place zucchini cubes and water in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and cook for about 6 minutes. Cool slightly and place in a food processor or blender with lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, sugar, cornstarch and salt, blend until smooth. Cook in a sauce pan until thickened. Cool for at least 1 hour. Fold into the whipped topping and pile into prepared pie crust. Garnish with lemon slices, or some graham cracker crumbs. Chill and serve.
For a different version that tastes just like a lemon meringue pie without the meringue,
· use an 8″ graham cracker pie crust,
· cool the thickened lemon filling slightly and
· pour into the prepared crust,
· chill and serve with whipped topping.
Everyone will be shocked that it has zucchini in it.
Zucchini is a great vegetable and can be used in many recipes to add extra nutrition and bulk. When using those large zucchinis, remove the seeds, grate them and freeze in 1-2 cup increments in plastic bags.