It’s two classic treats in one. A chocolaty banana split mixed with bread pudding makes a dessert to remember.
Sarah Warner shares this decadent recipe you’ll want to make tonight.
Find more of Sarah’s recipes on Instagram, @sarahmakesit
Hot Fudge Banana Split Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf day old Italian or french bread
- 1 quart half and half
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 11.5 oz hot fudge
1) Cube the loaf of bread, put it in a bowl with half and half and allow to stand for an hour.
2) Preheat oven 325
3) Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla and cinnamon. Mash the bananas and combine all ingredients into the bread/ half and half mixture (except Hot fudge)
4) Pour half of the banana/ bread mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Dollop 1/2 of the Hot fudge over the top of the bread. Pour the rest of the Bread mixture on top. Then dollop with the rest of the hot fudge. Bake for 60 – 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out nearly clean. Serve warm and top with a some sweetened whipped cream. ENJOY!