Chocolate and peanut butter lovers, listen up! This dessert is for you. Combine the classic flavor duo into an ice cream pie and you’ve got a summer sweet you’ll wish you had more of.
Sarah Warner shares this decadent recipe you can whip up tonight.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie With Brownie Bottom
- 1 prepared pie dough
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 Tbs butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 container (1.7 quart) chocolate peanut butter ice-cream
- 1 jar of hot fudge (11.5 oz)
- Sweetened whipped cream or cool whip (if you must)
- chopped peanut butter cup
Preheat the oven to 425
1) On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough. Line the bottom of a 9 inch deep dish pie pan with the dough. Using a fork, prick the bottom and sides of the pie shell. Cover with a layer of parchment paper and pie weights or dried beans. Bake until lightly browned, 10-15 minutes.
2) While the crust is cooking prepare the brownie batter. In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, or in a double boiler, melt 3 squares of chocolate, the butter or margarine, and corn syrup. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
3) Reduce the oven temperature to 350. Pour the chocolate mixture into the baked crust. Bake until the filling is set, 35-40 minutes. Let it cool completely.
4) When the brownie pie is COMPLETELY cool, top with the ice cream (I use almost the entire container). Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Top with hot fudge and place in freezer for another hour. Finish it off with the whipped cream and chopped peanut butter cups. (The pie can be placed back in the freezer with the whipped cream and candy for another day or two or three… haha it won’t last that long). ENJOY!