Christy Denney, The Girl Who Ate Everything
Bloomin’ Cheddar Bacon Ranch Bread
1 round unsliced loaf of sourdough bread
8-12 ounces cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (about 1 cup)
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 rounded Tablespoon Ranch dressing mix (unprepared)
2 Tablespoons sliced green onions
(optional) prepared Ranch dressing for dipping
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Using a serrated knife cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom crust. This can be a little tricky going the second way but the bread is very forgiving.
3) Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Insert cheese slices between cuts. Sprinkle crumbled bacon in between the slits and on top.
4) Combine the melted butter and dry Ranch dressing mix. Drizzle over bread. Sprinkle with green onions.
5) Wrap in foil completely and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
6) Unwrap the bread and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7) Tear pieces off and eat. Dip in prepared Ranch if desired.