Rich and Elegant Chocolate Truffles are a must have recipe for the holiday season.
Chef Eric May from the Blue Boar Inn shares how to make must have chocolate truffles.
Makes 18 – 22
Prep time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 5 hr 40 min
• ½ lb Bittersweet chocolate
• ½ lb Semisweet chocolate
• 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
• 1 T Instant coffee
• 1 tsp Vanilla extract
• ½ cup Cocoa Powder
• ½ cup Confectioner sugar
1. Coarsely chop both chocolates and set aside.
2. Heat the cream and instant coffee in a medium sauce pot. Stir the cream until fully mixed and heat to a simmer. The cream should begin to bubble around the edge of the pot. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, mix until fully melted.
3. Let cool for five minutes and then add the vanilla. Mix well and then transfer mixture to a shallow pan and place in the refrigerator for at least five hours.
4. Using a small scoop or a melon baller proceed to make little balls. When balls are made put back in the fridge for 15 minutes. Pull back out and roll in cocoa or sugar.
Find Blue Boar at www.theblueboarinn.com and on facebook.